RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE CULTURAL MARKET
Ace Ventures Inc. (AVI) November 1, 2018
The Cultural Market (also referred to as “The Market” throughout) is held every Saturday from 9 am to 2 PM, located at 28 Saunders Street. (When a Statuary Holiday falls on Saturday, The Market is closed.)
The Cultural Market is meant to showcase our diverse cultural and creative community through food, locally produced and designed items, as well as internationally imported products that are handmade or artisan produced. We are hoping to see:
- Artists, Designers, crafts
- Creative and Ethnic Cuisine
- Jams, Jellies, Preserves, Baked goods
- Fresh Local Produce
- Artist-made imported goods
- Street Artists and Performers
- Food Trucks
- And more
The Cultural Market Staff reserve the right to select, organize and determine the number of vendors for The Market, at their discretion, to allow for variety of styles and offerings.
The Cultural Market will limit the number of food truck operators and vendors and will select the operators, through the application process, based on the needs of The Market.
The Cultural Market will limit the number of non-profit organizations (non-retail) per week. On-site fundraising, with the exception of tickets for future events and lotteries, will not be permitted.
The Cultural Market reserves the right to place vendors where appropriate within the market area. Spaces are not proprietary to vendors and can be changed from week to week, at the discretion of The Cultural Market.
By submitting the Vendor Application, you agree to all terms and conditions outlined below. If a vendor violates any of these terms and conditions, The Cultural Market reserves the right to restrict them from vending at any future Saturdays. The Cultural Market Manager is the final authority on these decisions.
Terms and Conditions
Deadline for payment, once application is approved, is due immediately to secure your space. Vendors are required to apply and pay for a minimum of 4 market weeks if approved. Last minute applications may be considered, for an additional charge, if there is space and enough time for approvals. One (1) standard 10×5 space can be shared by no more than 2 vendors by prior approval of The Cultural Market Manager.
- $30.00 per week (min 4 consecutive weeks), per 10 X 5 space (no electricity)
- $35.00 per week, per 10 X 5 space for last-minute applications (no guarantees)
- $55.00 per week, food truck space
- $20.00 per week, Youth Entrepreneur (<20 and full-time student), per 10 X 5 space, 4-week minimum
- $20.00 per week, Non-profit (if space is available)
- $50 per week (regular vendor), all-inclusive 10 x 5 space, Wi-Fi, storage, and electricity. Includes access to vendor page for updates (min. 4 weeks booking). This is a savings of $3.00 per week.
Multi-Space Discount for 10×5 Spaces:
- For each additional 10X5 space booked by the same vendor, there will be a $5.00 discount per additional space.
Multi-Week Discount for 10×5 Spaces:
- $210.0* for 8 weeks, per 10X5 space (that is one week free, * no refunds)
- $420.00* for 16 weeks, per 10X5 space (that is two weeks free, * no refunds)
- $5.00 per week for access one 15-amp power receptacle
- $8.00 per week for storage
- $8.00 per week for a table (6′)
- $4.00 per week for a chair
Note: Tables and chairs are available on a first come, first served basis while quantities last.
With the exception of those vendors who have taken advantage of the multi-week discount, or those who haven’t yet paid for the minimum of 4 weeks, vendors have until the Monday at 4:30 pm of the market week to cancel and receive a full refund of their fee. Vendors that cancel on Tuesday of the market week or later will not be eligible for a refund. Vendors will be expected to contact The Cultural Market Office by phone (506-457-1177) and inform of their cancellation, regardless of the cancellation deadline stated in this application. “No-Shows” without calling by Thursday mornings will not be permitted at future markets, regardless of payment status. Regular vendors shall provide a minimum of 30 days notice in writing to cancel.
- Vendors are to be set-up and ready to receive customers by 8:25 am
- Vendors are responsible for bringing their own materials, including hand carts/dollies, a tent, tables, displays, lights and chairs, if you want them. 6′ tables are available, while quantities last, on a first come, first served basis for an additional rental fee
- Vendors must contain any displays or installations within their rented 10×5 space. Do not encroach on your neighbouring vendors.
- Vendors must remove ALL displays, installations and refuse from their rented space. Nothing is to be left behind. Garbage receptacles will be provided throughout The Market for customers.
- Vendors may start tear-down no earlier than 2:10 pm (unless given prior approval) and the Market space should be vacated by 2:30 pm.
- Vendors who require power must bring their own extension cord(s) and surge protector(s).
- Please indicate if you will need power on your application (access to electricity is limited)
- Vendors are required to have signage with their name
- Vendors are required to secure any and all permits, approvals or licenses required for their booth, if needed.
- Those selling food will be required to meet current NB Dept. of Health regulations and provide proof of licensing before being allowed to set-up.
- Contact the NB Department of Health: Theresa.Lattrulo@gnb.ca or 453-2830
What Is Not Allowed
- Sale of illicit materials is not allowed (including copyrighted or “knock off” products)
- Pets are not allowed on-site
Tear-Down and Exit
Vendors may start tear-down no earlier than 2:10 pm (unless given prior approval) and The Market area should be vacated by 2:30 pm
Good Vendor Behavior
The day of The Cultural Market can get hectic, specifically during vendor setup. The Cultural Market takes an immense amount of time and people-power to pull off. We ask that vendors be cooperative and respectful to managers and other vendors. Vendors are to be on time to set up promptly. Any verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated, and offending individual(s) will be asked to leave immediately, and they will not be permitted at The Cultural Market in the future.
With this many people coming together to enjoy delicious food and drink, trash is always going to be an issue. We ask all of our vendors to consider the packaging they provide with their food, beverages, and other products, in order to make them recyclable, biodegradable, or reusable wherever possible.
Please consider this seriously. In the future this may be an operational requirement.
The Cultural Market, at any time and at their sole discretion, modify these terms and conditions as required with or without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact us or call 506-457-1177